UEFA have announced that the Champions League and Europa League will both be completed with mini tournaments in both Lisbon and cities across Germany.
The decision was taken in a meeting held by UEFA officials on Wednesday.
“The 2019/20 UEFA Champions League quarter-finals, semi-finals and final will be played as a straight knockout tournament in Lisbon, Portugal in August. All these ties will be single-leg fixtures,” the statement on UEFA’s official website read.
“A decision is pending on whether the four remaining round of 16 second legs will take place at the home team’s stadium or in Portugal,” it added on uefa.com.
It was also decided that the second legs of the remaining Champions League last 16 games would be played on August 7 and 8.
READ ALSO: Serie A games to be shown on Livescore.com
The games are to be played behind closed doors. But, the Champions League final could be played in front of fans in Lisbon, according to UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin.
Meanwhile, the Women’s Champions League have been postponed till further notice.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Politics2020.09.19Video: Watch what Oshiomhole did before casting his vote
- Football2020.09.19Nigerian youngster breaks Bayern Munich’s Bundesliga record
- Entertainment2020.09.18Controversial lady diabolically call Ned Nwoko to make her his 8th wife (Watch Video)
- Lifestyle2020.09.18White woman reveals what Nigerian women will never do