France International Karim Benzema could face trials for allegedly playing a role in a sex-tape blackmail plot involving his former team-mate Matthieu Valbuena.
The Real Madrid number 9 was charged by French authorities back in 2015, having reportedly been part of an extortion plot on Matthew Valbuena.
Benzema 32, was said to have encouraged the Olympiacos star to pay blackmailers to get a tape back, which purportedly contained sex scenes between Mr Valbuena and his girlfriend.
The scandal subsequently damaged Benzema’s chances of representing his country in Euro 2016.
Sources from AFP news agency, claimed that the striker, had approached Valbuena about the tape on behalf of “a childhood friend”.
Valbuena also confirmed via Le Monde that Benzema did met him, but did not directly talk about money, instead, he “insistent that I meet someone,” according to him.
Meanwhile, recent reports from French outlet RMC Sport suggested that the French judiciary are looking to revoke a trial against Karim Benzema for ‘aiding and abetting a blackmail attempt’.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Music2020.10.30Download album: Wizkid – Made In Lagos (Zip File)
- Politics2020.10.30“I was emotional,” Desmond Elliot responds to viral video of him pushing for social media regulation
- Football2020.10.29Aribo, Etebo, Osimhen and others returns as Rohr announce Super Eagles list for Sierra Leone
- Football2020.10.29Read John Ogu’s response when asked if he was threatened to apologize to Nigerians