Barcelona FC President Josep Maria Bartomeu might have landed himself into trouble after he suggested that VAR are working in favour of Real Madrid.
After watching Real Madrid’s game against Athletic Bilbao, the Blaugrana chief couldn’t hide his frustrations on the controversy surrounding the technology in Los Blancos’ recent games.
“I watched San Mames match until almost the end of the second half,” the Barcelona president said after their weekend win over Villarreal.
“I feel bad because we have the best league in the world and VAR after coronavirus isn’t fair. It has changed some results and always favors the same team.”
From his statements, it is clear that Bartomeu thinks the Video Assistant Referee are biased when it comes to the league leaders.
But, RFEF’s Technical Committee of Referees (CTA), issued a statement denying all allegations regarding a bias towards Madrid.
According to reports by Marca, Bartomeu could face fines of up to €18,000 for the allegation.
Bartomeu may not be far from the truth anyways, Real Madrid have recently be winning their games thanks to a late decision by VAR.
Are they buying their way through the title? Share your comment below:
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Celebrity2020.10.01Alexx Ekubo surprises his mother with a car gift (Video)
- Celebrity2020.09.30Fans mock Regina Daniels after sharing a picture with her husband and son
- Celebrity2020.09.30Rechael Okonkwo still looks beautiful after going bald, check out these recent photos
- Entertainment2020.09.30Here are the top 16 earners of the BBNaija Lockdown award party