Due to inability to complete the season, the Royal Spanish Football Federation crowned the Catalan giants champions of the 2019-20 league season ahead of their closest rivals Atlético Madrid whom they edged with 9 points.
This development means the Blaugranes have won the title for the first time since 2015 – bringing their tally to five.
It also means that 25-year-old Oshoala has become the first African female footballer to win the Spanish Women league title. And the first to score up to 20 goals in the league (with her 20 goals in 19 appearances).
Although the Nigerian star gave her best, but she would be disappointed not to finish as the top scorer despite her massive figure, as she trailed her teammate Jennifer Hermoso with just three goals.
Oshoala has established her as one key players of a dominant Barcelona side that scored up to 86 goals in 21 matches and conceded just six without tasting any defeat.
She is also on course to become the greatest African Woman footballer of all-time.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Politics2020.09.20Goodluck Jonathan issues important advice to re-elected Obaseki
- Football2020.09.20Gattuso showers praises on Osimhen after making his debut Serie A appearance
- Football2020.09.20Ekong, Chukwueze, Rasheedat and others model Nigeria’s home and away kits (Photos)
- Football2020.09.20Read what La Liga said about Samuel Chukwueze