Cohn-Bendit also said covid-19 pandemic will not only reduce Mbappe’s price but also clean up the irrationality of professional sports.
“After the coronavirus crisis is over, he [Mbappe] will not be worth more than 35 or 40 million [euros] rather than 200,” wrote Cohn-Bendit in his column for Ouest France.
“And who will be able to buy him?”
“This crisis will clean up the irrationality of professional sports. It is as if there had been a nuclear attack and everything has to be rebuilt, but at other bases.
“There will be de facto regulation and it will be necessary to go even further with a salary cap. It is a reorganisation that hits not only player salaries but also image rights and advertising. We have to break the system of agents, of those who do exorbitant business in football. I don’t think players will be worse because they are paid less.
“In the future, for example, football television contracts will have to put a percentage to the Olympic sport and that for amateurs.”
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.07.07Daddy Freeze claims Davido called him a ‘great prophet’
- World2020.07.07Another pandemic looms, as age-long bubonic plague resurfaces in China
- Football2020.07.07Victor Osimhen emerges as transfer target for Barcelona
- Football2020.07.06Barcelona President faces sanction for saying that VAR favors Real Madrid