President Muhammadu Buhari has lost 100,000 Twitter followers in just three hours as bestselling author, Reno Omokri, started a hashtag, #UnfollowBuhari.
At exactly 5PM GMT, Mr Omokri had tweeted via his verified Twitter handle as follows:
Dear Nigerians, If we all mean business with this #EndSARS movement, let’s send a strong message to General @MBuhari.
He has 3.5 million followers. If we all stop following him and he sees his Twitter following drop by 1 million, he will sit up. Who is with me? Let’s go there! As at that time, President Buhari had 3.5 million followers.
Three hours later, his following had reduced to 3.4 million followers.
Announcing the breakthrough, Mr Omokri, also known as #BuhariTormentor, tweeted as follows:
Dear Nigerians, When I started the #UnfollowBuhari campaign as part of my #EndSARS protest, some laughed. Well, look. In just 1 hour, we have reduced Buhari’s following by 100,000. Never underestimate your influence.
When Nigerians wake up, government will be afraid of us!
Below are before and after screenshots of President Buhari’s TL.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Stories2020.10.30#EndSARS: No Leader Will Be Spared In Next Protests- Traditional Ruler
- Stories2020.10.30VIDEO: Villagers Exhume Man Corpse And Found Him Still Breathing One Year After His Burial
- News2020.10.307.0 Magnitude Earthquake Kills 4 In Turkey, Greece At Least 120 Injured (photos)
- Celebrity2020.10.30Desmond Elliot Turns Off The Comment Section Of His Instagram Handle