The Nigerian Police force Edo State command have apprehended one Chidi Nwabuzor suspected to have link to the gruesome murder of Vera Uwaila Omozuwa, a 100-level student of the University of Benin, Edo State.
According to the spokesman of Edo Police Command, Chidi Nwabuzor, the suspect was arrested after the fingerprint on the fire extinguisher she was attacked with was examined.
He added that the suspect was arrested within the neighbourhood where the act took place.
He said, “The item used in the assault, which was a fire extinguisher was recovered, immediately the operatives who were with some specialists screened the fingerprints which led to our suspect. The suspect Nwabuzor was arrested around the place of the incident.”
Vera Uwaila (22) was sexually violated and killed inside a Redeemed Christian Church of God or RCCG, in Benin city, while she was reading.
Vera died on May 30, just days after the brutal assault inside the church of the Redeemed Christian Church of God.
Her death sparked protests across social media with most celebrities, right groups and social media influencers calling for justice against those behind the evil act.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Entertainment2020.08.14Burna Boy’s ‘Twice As Tall’ Is Album Of The Year – Diddy
- Entertainment2020.08.13See What A Nigerian Woman Said About Ronaldo That Caused Frenzy On Twitter
- Celebrity2020.08.13The Future Of Hollywood Is Right here! Keep Making Magic – Netflix Surprised Ikorodu Bois With Electronics Gift.
- News2020.08.12Terrible: Mother, Daughter and a Newborn Baby Died in Fatal Car Accident