Pawpaw is a fleshy edible fruit that can be eaten in its raw state. When unripe, it has a green colour from the outside and turns yellow or yellowish red when it begins to ripe.
Pawpaw is high in
- Vitamin C
The use of pawpaw fruits for medicine has been on the increase and every part of the fruit is medicinal.
1. Pawpaw is higher in protein content than other fruits like banana, apple and orange.
2. It helps in weight loss. The fibre content of the paw makes you get full easily and prevent you from eating too much.
3. Pawpaw lowers cholesterol, it is rich in fibre, vitamin C and anti-oxidant that can build up cholesterol in your arteries. Excess cholesterol can lead to heart disease, heart attack and hypertension.
4. The anti-oxidant and phytonutrients in pawpaw prevent your cell from undergoing damages that can lead to cancer. Studies have shown that paw extracts may have effects on tumour cells.
5. Pawpaw fruit is an anti-ageing agent. It prolongs the process of ageing and makes you look younger than you are. Vitamin C, E and anti-oxidant like beta-carotene helps to prevent the skin from wrinkles and other signs of ageing.
6. Pawpaw helps indigestion. It has a digestive enzyme known as papain along u fibres which helps improve your digestive health.
7. It contains enzymes that help in the regulation and easing flow during the menstrual period.
8. Pawpaw helps in relieving constipation. The presence of vitamin C and E in the paw reduce motion sickness by producing toxic effects on the stomach. The fibre found in the paw helps to increase bowel movements.
9. It reduces acne and other related skin diseases.
10. It helps relieve toothache.
11. Pawpaw helps to enhance the state of the heart. Studies show that fruits that are high in vitamin C may help prevent heart disease.
12. Pawpaw enhances eyesight. It is rich in vitamin A and as such keeps your sight from degeneration.
Note: Taking a large quantity of pawpaw can cause a laxative effect in the intestine. Pawpaw is not good for expectant mothers.
Leave a Reply