Green beans are young, unripe fruits of various cultivars of the common bean. Green beans are usually harvested and consumed with their enclosing pods before the bean seed fully matures.
Green beans can be eaten in various ways and can also be used to prepare various dishes.
Here are some health benefits of eating green beans:
1. Protects the body against anaemia: Green beans contain a high amount of iron that helps protect the body against anaemia.
2. It reduces the risk of cancer: Green beans are quite rich in chlorophyll which helps reduce the growth of cancer tumors and the risk of cancer.
3. It improves bone health: Green beans contain vitamin K which helps reduce the risk of bone fracture.
4. It improves fertility and pregnancy: Studies have shown that consuming foods rich in iron can increase a woman’s level of fertility and it is also needed for the development and growth of unborn babies. That is why it is recommended that a pregnant woman consumes green beans regularly.
5. It keeps the digestive system healthy: Green beans contain fibre which keeps the digestive system healthy. It also help relieve the stomach from digestive issues like constipation.
Visit Newsblenda.com for more health tips.