Are you part of those who love taking hot showers only? If yes, then you may need to add a cold shower to your routine.
A cold shower is any shower with a temperature below 70°F. Aside from the refreshing feeling it gives to the body, cold showers have other added benefits you may not know about.
See them below.
1. Cold showers introduce a higher State of alertness to the body. The shock that increases when the cold water touches your body increases your heart rate, alertness, and oxygen intake. It keeps you ready and focused for the day.
2. It reduces muscle soreness after abs intense workout. Cold water has regenerative properties that help the muscles relax and repair after a thorough workout.
Read Here: 4 unique ways to burn calories
3. Cold showers increases your circulation. When cold water touches your body and external limbs, it controls circulation on the surface of your body. This causes the blood in your deeper tissues to circulate at a faster rate to maintain the ideal body temperature.
4. It increases the number of white blood cells in your body. These blood cells protect your body against diseases. This process is believed to increase metabolic rate which stimulates the immune system.
5. Cold shower is an effective tool for those looking to lose few pounds. It is to increase metabolism and stimulates the generation of brown fat- a specific type of fat tissue that in turn generates Energy by burning calories.
6. It gives the body and skin a healthy glow. A wellness expert states that cold water tightens the blood flow which gives your skin a healthier glow. Cold water doesn’t dry out the sebum layer (a naturally lubricated barrier that provides protection for your skin or hair), so your skin is likely to become healthier and stronger over time.
7. Making a cold shower a habit helps to reduce stress. It imposes a small amount of stress on your body which leads to a process called hardening – meaning that your nervous system gradually gets used to handling moderate levels of stress. It helps you stay cool head the next time you find yourself in a stressful situation.
Visit newsblenda.com for more health tips.